Project Manager (PMO Manager)
- Company: The Cleaver-Brooks Company Inc.
- Type: Direct Placement (full time employment)
- Location: Thomasville, GA (on site)
- Background Check: Required
- Drug Screening: Required
- Benefits: Cleaver Brooks Benefits
TEKsystems is looking for a senior project manager to help manage a new PMO process for a top manufacturing client This is a full time opportunity directly with our client (not contracted work).
This position is on site in Thomasville GA. Candidates must be local to the area and be able to go on site in Thomasville. This is not a remote opportunity.
Our client is standing up a new project intake and prioritization process. They are looking for someone that can work with their business units and help train them on the new intake process and prioritize projects. They would prefer someone that has IT project management experience as well as some previous experience as a business analyst.
Required Top Skills:
- 5 years or more in IT environment.
- 3 years or more managing IT related projects.
- Previous experience working with business units and understanding project intake processes.
Strongly Preferred Top Skills:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle (agile and waterfall)
- Previous experience in custom software development release management
- Experience with or working knowledge of IT Service Management tools
- SCRUM master and/or experience with practical application of agile projects
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in developing and reviewing program/project budgets and cost/expense information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Proficient/Expert in MS Office Suite, MS Project, and MS Visio, Jira
- Ability to successfully engage and interact with both IT and the business
- Ability to work in decentralized team and communicate using virtual communications tools (phone, conferencing, web meetings, etc.)
- Self-starter that does not need to wait for instructions; takes actions to achieve goals; proactive
- Experience in negotiations, influence others and managing conflict
- Experience in facilitation skills, verbal, written, and visual communications
- Experience in project/program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools
- Maintain and manage the IT project pipeline
- Manage the IT Project Process – responsible for monitoring/control components in each phase
- Guide the Business project owners through the IT Project Process Project requests
- Work with project subject matter experts to maintain tasks and status
- Project tracking, reporting, and metrics
- Issues/Risk logs (if necessary for each project)
- Track project financials as necessary
- Lead monthly project toll-gate meetings and process
- Work with the Business to complete project documents
- Communication liaison between IT & Business
- Obtain the necessary project approvals throughout the SDLC
- Maintain forecasted future project pipeline roadmap (including what-if scenario management to determine best timing of future projects)
- IT project pipeline status, reporting, and communications
- Project management oversight on IT projects that don’t have a dedicated Project Manager
- Help to set standards for IT project artifacts and deliverables
- Help to set IT project management standards and policies
- Work with IT management in order for IT managers to assign IT resources to projects
Claire Gilleece, Government Services Recruiter
2623 Centennial Blvd., Suite 203 Tallahassee, FL 32308
TEKsystems is recognized as a top workplace.