As you may have heard or experienced first-hand, the PMI Customer Care team is experiencing significantly higher contact volumes due to the dynamic nature and rapidly evolving situation globally. This is not unique to PMI as many service industries have been disrupted by COVID-19. In the month of May alone, PMI experienced its highest contact volumes in PMI history, and the volume does not show any sign of decreasing.
Please know PMI is working around the clock to respond to each inquiry and continues to explore alternative ways for addressing them. In the meantime, these are the actions already taken to help decrease the need for members to contact Customer Care.
- PMI is updating its COVID-19 Update Page on an ongoing basis.
- PMI is waiving rescheduling fees for all certification exams until 1 October.
- PMI is automatically extending all candidates’ exam eligibility until 18 January 2021.
- PMI has launched its new PMI Beta Bot, a 24/7 chat bot to answer your basic questions. Check it out on the PMI Contact Us page.
- PMI has created the PMI Customer Care Alexa Skill, so members and certification holders can link their PMI.org account to any Amazon Alexa-enabled device to ask Alexa: “What is my member (or certification) since date?” “What is my membership end date?” “When does my certification expire?” “How many PDUs do I have?” Try it today!
PMI requests your patience and support in utilizing its Customer Care contact info to allow quick response to each member and customer. If you have a question specific to chapter operations, please contact your chapter partner.