The latest news from the PMI Chapter of Tallahassee
As we continue to manage through the pandemic and stabilization strategies in place around the world, we are reinstating the exam cancellation and rescheduling fee on May 15, 2021. Charging a rescheduling fee is industry best practice and improves the candidate's user experience as it helps us ensure those candidates scheduling their exam have an accurate view of open seats.
- For more information on the fees and policies, please refer to the PMP Handbook.
- If you reschedule or cancel your exam more than 30 days before your exam, you will not be charged a fee.
- We are making COVID-19-related exceptions. We will continue to waive fees for candidates who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, receive a positive test result, had direct exposure, or are required to quarantine.
- We will continue to waive fees for Pearson VUE-initiated reschedules or cancellations related to COVID-19.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Check out PMI’s Resource Hub for a “variety of free online resources, virtual events, and other offerings related to the COVID-19 world around us”.
Check out PMI’s SeminarsWorld Virtual for live online learning opportunities which can be filtered by cost, start dates, etc.
The new Agile Certification Journey is a suite of agile-focused certifications, instructor-led and on-demand training workshops, as well as knowledge and community resources designed for practitioners who want to further specialize and differentiate their skills. It incorporates Disciplined Agile offerings into the PMI portfolio of certifications to provide practitioners with options and opportunities to dive deeper into agile approaches, regardless of where they are in their career paths.
For personal-use purchases (outside of PMI chapter events), all PMI members maintain a 50% discount on the printed, stand-alone PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition in all languages and the printed bundle PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition and Agile Practice Guide in all languages. You will find this discount code when you log on to PMI.org (PMBOK® Guide page). Additionally, if you would like to receive free shipping outside of North America, you can purchase these titles from IPG’s third-party seller, Eurospan at a 40% discount. As a PMI member, you’re also welcome to purchase books at other resellers like Amazon or Barns & Noble; however, you may only redeem member discount codes at either IPG or Eurospan.
As you may have heard or experienced first-hand, the PMI Customer Care team is experiencing significantly higher contact volumes due to the dynamic nature and rapidly evolving situation globally. This is not unique to PMI as many service industries have been disrupted by COVID-19. In the month of May alone, PMI experienced its highest contact volumes in PMI history, and the volume does not show any sign of decreasing.
Please know PMI is working around the clock to respond to each inquiry and continues to explore alternative ways for addressing them. In the meantime, these are the actions already taken to help decrease the need for members to contact Customer Care.
- PMI is updating its COVID-19 Update Page on an ongoing basis.
- PMI is waiving rescheduling fees for all certification exams until 1 October.
- PMI is automatically extending all candidates’ exam eligibility until 18 January 2021.
- PMI has launched its new PMI Beta Bot, a 24/7 chat bot to answer your basic questions. Check it out on the PMI Contact Us page.
- PMI has created the PMI Customer Care Alexa Skill, so members and certification holders can link their PMI.org account to any Amazon Alexa-enabled device to ask Alexa: “What is my member (or certification) since date?” “What is my membership end date?” “When does my certification expire?” “How many PDUs do I have?” Try it today!
PMI requests your patience and support in utilizing its Customer Care contact info to allow quick response to each member and customer. If you have a question specific to chapter operations, please contact your chapter partner.
Learn more about how to inspire and motivate yourself and the people you lead.
Toastmasters is a place where you develop and grow - both personally and professionally. You join a community of learners, and in Toastmasters meetings we learn by doing. Whether you're an executive or a stay-at-home parent, a college student, or a retiree, you will improve yourself; building skills to express yourself in a variety of situations. You'll open up a world of new possibilities: giving better work presentations; leading meetings - and participating in them - more confidently; speaking more smoothly off the cuff; even handling one-on-one interactions with family, friends, and colleagues more positively.