Important Information Regarding Chapter Membership Auto Renewal Changes:
- Similar to a PMI Membership, when you complete a Chapter Membership purchase, your Chapter Membership will now be automatically opted-in for auto renew,
- Your Chapter Membership will move onto the same cycle as your existing PMI Membership renewal cycle,
- If you wish to opt out of the Chapter auto renewal post-purchase, you must opt out in your myPMI profile.
- *Please note that Student and Retiree PMI Memberships require manual renewal -Auto renew is not an option.
To prevent a customer from buying a Chapter Membership twice or purchasing a Chapter Membership for an undesired short duration, there are new rules to restrict Chapter Membership purchases and improve the Chapter Membership experience:
- When you attempt to purchase or renew a Chapter Membership you will be restricted from purchasing/renewing a Chapter Membership if you do not hold an active PMI Membership and/or do not have a Membership product in your Cart,
- If you are a PMI Member who is eligible for renewal (i.e. in last 3 months of your current membership), you must have a PMI Membership renewal product in the Cart in order to purchase any Chapter Membership,
- If you purchase a Chapter Membership after purchasing a PMI Membership, its renewal cycle will automatically align to the PMI Membership auto renewal cycle.
PDU Opportunities in the Tallahassee Chapter!!!!
Your Tallahassee PMI chapter is working to add a Blog to the website; you may have noticed it In Construction. More coming soon!
- Chapter members – write an article for the blog and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for posting. Articles posted can earn you PMI Create Content activity PDUs.
- Chapter members who serve on the Board or on a committee can earn PDUs (hour for hour) for volunteer time through the PMI Volunteer activity,
- Chapter members who speak/present virtually during a chapter meeting can earn PDUs (hour for hour of presentation time) through the PMI Give a Presentation activity,
- General reminder to chapter members that you earn PDUs for attending chapter-organized meetings through the PMI Organization Meetings activity (you can enter the claim code for the specific meeting in the PMI Claim Code section or C287 claim code as described in the "How to Report PDUs" document posted on our website.
- PDUs are subject to audit by PMI. Always remember you can reference the PMI certification requirements at https://www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public/pdf/certifications/ccr-certification-requirements-handbook.pdf
- If you’re retiring (first – CONGRATULATIONS!), you can apply for retired status with PMI and no longer have to submit PDUs. You must have been a certificate holder for 10 years minimum, wish to voluntarily relinquish active status, and no longer earn renumeration for practicing project management. Submit a written request to PMI by email (Certification.CCR@pmi.org) or fax (1 610 239 2257).