About the Chapter
Beth Anne Posey had the vision to start a PMI chapter for Florida's Capital City and surrounding area. Through a well-defined, multi-step PMI Chartering process, she has shepherded her vision to reality.
Some of the key steps that went into establishing a chapter...
- A Letter of Intent to develop a new local chapter was delivered to and approved by PMI. This submission also included a Statement of Interest, explaining why a new chapter was desired, and an Area Designation, outlining the territory to be covered by the chapter.
- An initial message was sent via email to PMI members in the Potential Chapter's geographic area, to communicate the planned formation of the new chapter.
- A Steering Committee (and initial slate of officers) was chosen to accomplish the many steps needed to bring the Chapter to life.
- Bylaws and supporting documents were developed, and approved by PMI.
- The Chapter was incorporated as a State of Florida Not-for-Profit corporation.
- A Chapter logo was designed and submitted to PMI for approval.
- A post office box was obtained.
- An electronic point of presence (web, email) was set up.
- The initial Chapter Meeting was planned.
- ... and more ...
Then, the real fun began! We held our Inaugural Meeting on December 9, 2002. Over sixty people braved an inclement evening to kick off our Chapter in style! More information about the first meeting is available here.
The next major milestone came on February 5, 2003, when PMI headquarters announced that we were no longer a Potential Chapter, but were now an official Chapter. Our Chapter Charter was officially awarded in a ceremony at the PMI Leadership Conference in March, 2003, with President, Beth Anne Posey, and Vice President Communications, Gary Eggebraaten, accepting on behalf of the Chapter.
From here, the sky is the limit! We hope you will ride along with us on this exciting journey!